Ministry of ICT and National Guidance through the National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP) has today announced that it shall be funding and supporting digital solutions to support the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
In what it has termed as an ‘emergency call’, the ministry has not announced how much it intends to inject into the project but has called upon innovators who have ideas to apply and their innovations shall be supported.
The Ministry announced that they’re seeking for innovators to create digital solutions in two thematic areas that include; Health Systems and Public Service Delivery. They’re further categorized into specifics.
A. Health Systems:
- Disease testing, treatment and management
- Public Health surveillance and contact tracing
- Relief and aid receipt and distribution solutions
B. Public Service Delivery:
- Digital Education platforms and solutions
- Security and Monitoring systems / Guideline enforcement solutions
- Collaborative tools for online engagement and meetings
- Other Public service delivery systems in Finance, Trade, Transport, etc.
Applications are open to all Ugandans and submitted online. Deadline is 30th April 2020